|Remuneration:||R11000 – R15000 per month Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Muizenberg|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Solar Station Design is seeking a junior apparel designer that is passionate about design and developing world-class products within the technical water wear and urban apparel categories.
The successful candidate would need to have a strong interest and capability for innovative technical design in clothing and textile products. They should also have an interest and clear understanding of sizing, pattern making, trends, colours, styling and paneling in garments.
An active lifestyle and participation in watersports and action sports is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the senior designer, design director or autonomously where required to designing and develop designated products, from concept to full manufacture specification.
- Manage all size grading and garment fit.
- Manage internal and external sample processes for designated products.
- Manage setup and technical evaluation of potential suppliers and new product lines/technologies with current suppliers.
- Support customer service on resolving technical issues with suppliers or distributors on designated products.
- Assist in generating text, specification, diagrams and technical information for catalogues and sales information.
- Maintain and update product list specific to for designated products including components.
- Review and correlate pricing from suppliers.
- Generate draft information for all manuals and hangtags along with packing protocol and specification.
- Ensure all components required for designated products are confirmed according to required production schedule.
- Advise category manager and design director of any deviations from agreed product and marketing schedules.
- Generating draft information for all for internal sales guides for designated product and approve for distribution
- Conceptual design and execution of concepts into development and production
- Illustrator proficiency (CAD proficiency would be advantageous)
- Communication and organisation
- Graduate qualification in garment technology, fashion design or equivalent.
- One to two years experience with international or domestic mass production.