Assistant Sales and Retail Marketing Manager
|Remuneration:||R7000 – R11000 per month negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Muizenberg|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Solar Station Design is looking for a sales and retail marketing assistant to reinforce the sales and marketing team in South Africa. The candidate must assist the category manager in all areas of sales management including direct sales to the international distribution network for Starboard Surf and Starboard Apparel categories by implementing the agreed sales strategy. This position will also require handling all customer services inquiries.
The candidate will also be required to assist in developing and executing an international retail marketing strategy for Starboard Surf and Starboard Apparel categories.
Responsibilities will be to work together with the category manager, graphic and products teams to define key sales and retail marketing elements as well as prepare information for any material to be used online or in-store.
Application must include a compact CV and a letter of motivation
If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Solar Station Design sets out to create a unique experience in product, marketing and retail design and focuses on sharing this with people who find purpose in their lifestyle.
– Tertiary qualification in marketing, business or related field
– Proven experience in developing sales and retail marketing strategies and making sales presentations preferably for the apparel retail sector.
– Candidate must have exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation, closing skills and a retail background
– An active interest in action sport industry such as surf or skate
– Needs to work well independently, have excellent follow up skills and self-initiative
– Must be ready and willing to take on any number of small projects as the need arises and be prepared for a fast paced environment
– Extensive experience in the apparel retail industry would be advantageous
Personal Skills/ Attributes
– Organisational skill: Assisting the category manager and following up on customer service
– Communication: Clear communication with Surf and Apparel team, distribution network, retailers, customers, back office and suppliers.
– Comprehensive computer skills: Microsoft office (Word/Excel/Entourage)